Food is the way we communicate love. We want to please ourselves and our beloved ones with delicious meals and cooking.
It’s all about the Magical Love we have in ourselves.
It’s time for loving recipes that will make you smile and enjoy.
Nevertheless, there is one other aspect of food we have to look out for. It is combined with another important thing in our lives: our health.
That is why all the recipes and delightful ingridients we will put here, will be lighter versions, versions which include veggies and fruits, meat and fish, but never in a combination that will shock our body with too much fat, carbs and sugar…
You must also know that fried food isn’t an option for me 🙂 so you won’t find it here…
Don’t get me wrong : the recipes here won’t contain anything you don’t have at home, and you don’t have to visit the organic store next door – but the recipes will be made thoughtfully, thinking about how can we make it tasty but still not too “heavy” for our bodies.
So, for my first recipe, I will write about every woman’s dream cake: a chocolate cake with fruit and cream in a very light version.
This is one of my favorites cakes to make for my friends when they come over….
CHOCOLATE CHERRY CAKE
120 g of sugar
1 vanilla sugar
50 g of sharp flour
40 g of cocoa powder
1/2 baking Powder
150 ml of milk
220 ml of sweet cream
200 g dark chocolate
600 ml of milk
2 pudding powders with vanilla flavor
1 vanilla sugar
200 g of butter
120 g of powdered sugar
250 g of drained cherries (from compote)
- Divide egg yolks from whites. Mix a cream out of sugar, vanilla sugar and yolks. Stir flour mixed with baking powder and cocoa, then add milk.
- At the end, when the ingridients become compact ,gently ad solid egg whites foam you made earlier in another bowl. Divide the mixture into two equal parts and separately bake them in a round molded baking pan(26 cm in diameter or even less because it will be thin) at 180 degrees for about 15 minutes. Let it cool.
- Chop the chocolate and put it in the bowl. Heat the sweet cream on low temperature to the boiling point, then pour it over the chocolate.
- Mix with the cooker until all the chocolate dissolves and then put in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Mix pudding powder with vanilla sugar and some milk, just enough to make it creamy. Heat the rest of the milk on small temperature and add the mixture of milk and pudding in it.
- Mix on light heat until it thickens, then remove from heat and cool.
- Add butter foam made with powdered sugar into this chilled pudding.
- Place the first biscuit on the tray and cover it with half of the vanilla cream. Put cherries on the cream and press them into the cream with your fingers. Then place the remaining vanilla creams on cherries and cover with another biscuit.
- Cover the whole cake from the outside with chocolate cream and, if desired, decorate with white chocolate.
The cake is very rich and creamy, but light. The cherries bring beautiful freshness to this vanilla flavour. Adorable!